Rejoice!

Rejoice in the Lord always.
Again, I will say, Rejoice! ~ Philippians 4:4
photo credit: morguefile.com
photo credit: morguefile.com
INSPIRING DOSE TODAY:
Fanny Crosby lost her sight when she was only 6 weeks old. She lived into her nineties, composing thousands of beloved hymns. On her 92nd birthday she cheerfully said, “If in all the world you can find a happier person than I am, do bring him to me. I should like to shake his hand.”


What enabled Fanny Crosby to experience such joy in the face of what many would term a “tragedy”? At an early age she chose to “rejoice in the Lord always”. In fact, Fanny carried out a resolution she made when she was only 8 years old: “How many blessings I enjoy that other people don’t. To weep and sigh because I’m blind, I cannot and I won’t.~excerpt from an article written by Vernon C Grounds of Our Daily Bread

0 comments: